Scheduling your tweets is a game changer. Let us know how to schedule tweets.
You can provide your audience with a consistent stream of content without having to manually send tweets at odd hours of the day (or night).
Scheduling is a perfect addition to your social media calendar, where you can tweet days or weeks in advance.
You can also avoid missing a post on a particularly hectic working day.
Because let’s face it, when fires need to be put out, customers emailed, and another “follow-up” meeting from Joe the product manager needs to be held, you don’t have time to develop and post all of these tweets.
This is why we want to help you move on with your planning by scheduling your Twitter posts in advance.
How to schedule tweets on Twitter
- Press the New tweet In the Top right of the Tweets Manager, under the Themes tab, click the button.
- When the tweet box pops up, compose your tweet – add any picture, location tag, map, or hot takes you want.
- Choose if you want the tweet to be Just sponsored. When this option is selected, the tweet will only be used for a sponsored tweet campaign – not organically for your followers.
- Choose the drop-down arrow next to Tweet And select button Time schedule.
- you can choose Tweetpost or select immediately Time scheduleor save draft If you want to edit your post later. The schedule prompts you to choose a release date and time (up to a year in advance).
- Select the date you want to publish. Then click Time schedule.
Congratulation! You have just planned your first tweet.
But that’s not the only way to schedule a tweet …
How to schedule tweets on Hootsuite
Scheduling Tweets on Hootsuite allows you to fine-tune your scheduling options.
With Hootsuite, you have more options to design, schedule, and review your scheduled Tweets from one dashboard. You can also schedule bulk tweets in one fell swoop.
To schedule tweets on Hootsuite:
- Sign up for Hootsuite.
- In your dashboard, create your tweet by clicking New article
- Then fill in the text for your tweet. Make sure to add photos, videos, or adorable puppy gifs.
- Click on Schedule for later Select the date and time you would like your tweet to be sent below. Note: If you are upgrading to a paid plan, you can use Hootsuite’s handy Autoschedule tool. You no longer have to decide when to publish something – it does it just for you!
- click Time schedule in the lower right corner.
And that’s it! You can now see your planned posts in the editor Tab on the left.
Easy right? What are you going to do with all the time you’ve just saved?
Oh who are you kidding? Check out more puppy gifs, of course.
How to schedule multiple tweets at once
Bulk scheduling can be a great plan if you’re an organized social media guru with a table full of tweets! Build up anticipation for an upcoming event or launch, or have your month’s tweets uploaded in advance (in less time than it would take for a custom upload).
The Hootsuite Bulk Composer is available for professional, team, business, and corporate plans. You can import and schedule up to 350 tweets at once from a convenient CSV file.
To schedule multiple tweets at once:
- First, go to your home dashboard on Hootsuite. Click on the left editor.
- From the Publisher menu, choose Bulk Composeron the left.
- On the Bulk Composer menu, click Download sampleunder “How to Prepare Your Messages”. This will download a sample CVS file that will show you exactly how to set up your file for the bulk schedule.
- Open the file in a program that uses CSV (Google Sheets, Excel, etc.).
- Copy the file to create a new version for your bulk tweets.
- Fill it out in the correct format (more on this here).
- When you have finished filling in the .cvs file with your posts, return to editor and click on Bulk Composer.
- Click on Select file to upload and upload your file. Select the social account you want to upload it to.
- Along with the date format you are using.
- Click on Check messages. You have the opportunity to check every post for errors.
- When you have finished your changes, click Schedule all the news and you are done! You can now view your messages in the planner
Check out our article on how to schedule social media posts in bulk for an even broader overview.
How to schedule tweets automatically
You can automatically send messages to multiple networks using Hootsuite’s automatic scheduling tool. Our algorithm determines based on:
- Your custom AutoSchedule settings (contributions per day, period and applicable days)
- The content that you have already planned for the selected social network
- Periods of high engagement to the social network in general (not specific to your own habits or the habits of your audience)
To automatically schedule Tweets:
- Go to your Composer post on Hootsuite. Then click Schedule for later.
- Switch AutoSchedule to open. Then click Done and
- To disable it, just toggle that AutoSchedule Button off.
NOTE: Hootsuite’s auto-auto-schedule tool is currently only available on paid plans. Fortunately, you can try it out for free today.
How to edit scheduled tweets
Would you like to edit your posts before they go online? Add media, edit copies, or add a location to your scheduled Tweets from the Hootsuite dashboard.
There are two ways to view your scheduled posts. If you want a calendar view:
- Choose editorfrom the dashboard.
- Choose content
- Choose Planned on the left.
- Hover your mouse over the message or video, then click To edit.
- Modify the message, then click save Changes.