Social media managers can now become Facebook certified through an official online program and upgrade their credentials with an industry-recognized badge.
The Facebook Community Manager certification program is offered through Facebook Blueprint, which currently offers over 90 eLearning courses.
Taking courses from Facebook Blueprint is free, but there is a fee to take the final exam.
Facebook Blueprint Certification Badges are “widely recognized in various industries,” the company said.
The references gained through this particular certification help community managers stand out as recognized experts in a highly competitive field.
For community managers By community managers
According to Facebook, the Community Manager Certification Program is created by experienced practitioners.
Her experience spans a wide range of business types including agencies, brands, nonprofits, and NGOs.
The certification is designed to measure the understanding and application of best practices and industry standards by community managers.
Some of the subject areas for certification include:
- Define and build a community: Building an Online Community, Community Goals and Community Guiding Principles.
- Development of community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing your audience, using the platform, building a brand, effectively launching, building and supporting your team, maintaining strong partnerships, and developing efficient operational workflows.
- Make strategic content decisions for a community: Deliver relevant content, track trends and plan targeted activities.
- Measure and analyze community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
As mentioned earlier, all of the materials needed to prepare for the certification exam are completely free.
Free resources available through the Community Manager Certification Program include:
Read on below
- Online courses: Learn more about the topics listed above with 5 online courses ranging from 15 to 35 minutes in length.
- Study Guide: A 81-page downloadable study guide that covers all of the areas listed above.
- Practice test: Take a 30-question practice test before moving on to the final exam.
Completing the online courses is not required to earn certification, however Facebook does require completion of the practice test.
If you are a seasoned community manager, it may be best to take the field test right at the start.
From there, you will have an understanding of which topics you will need more time to study before the final exam (if any).
Take the final exam
All Facebook Blueprint certification exams are $ 150 per exam.
Read on below
Exams can be taken as many times as needed, but a fee will be charged each time the exam is taken.
Facebook uses a scaled rating system that ranges from 300 to 1000 with a minimum score of 700.
The review process itself is taken very seriously. Valid government-issued photo identification is required for the exam and the testing area must be web cam examined.
You will be monitored by webcam for the entire duration of the exam, which is approximately 120 minutes, to ensure that you are not accessing personal resources.
After successfully completing the exam, you will receive a badge that confirms your competence in community management.
The certification is valid for 24 months. When you get certification, you also get access to an exclusive Facebook group where you can connect with other certified community managers.
Read on below
Sources: Facebook for Business, Facebook Blueprint, Facebook Certification FAQ