Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet. It was introduced in 2004 and has been in use ever since. It became popular in 2009 with 350 million registered users and 132 million one-time monthly users, and since then the number of its users has grown exponentially. Facebook is used by all age groups worldwide. There are over 2.7 billion active users per month in the second quarter of 2020. Errors can sometimes occur even on a large platform. One of them is the Facebook “Attachment not available” error. It prevents us from displaying images hosted in a group.
Why is this occurring?
There could be several reasons. First, it can occur due to some bugs, incorrect configuration, or some general bug. You can spot this bug. The second possibility is that the user who shared it may have removed the attachment. The third reason is that it may be about privacy.
Sharing an image may change your privacy settings. For example, if you try to share a picture posted on Twitter, your security settings are private. Therefore, only Facebook friends of this user who originally shared the picture are allowed to see posts that host the photos and have different privacy settings. This is an unfortunate circumstance as the group members are not always added to the friends list.
What can be done to solve this problem?
As I said, this problem can have several reasons. Fortunately, however, there are some steps that can be taken to resolve this “Attachment Not Available” error.
Change the setting for public sharing
In most situations, this technique will help users troubleshoot “Attachment Unavailable” error on Facebook. Before you share the picture, make sure the picture’s privacy setting is set to Public:
- Open your wall on Facebook.
- Click three horizontal points. The drop-down menu will open.
- Choose from the options “Your Story” or “Newsfeed”.
- There is a drop down menu on the right. Click on it and select “Public”.
Import image directly
Use this method as a second alternative: upload the image directly to the specific group you want to share with instead of just sharing the link.
- Open the main Facebook page to join the said group.
- Click the “Groups” option on the left.
- Select the group you want to post the picture to.
- Click on “Add Photo / Video”. Don’t forget to set privacy to Public.
- Select Upload Photos / Videos and click the file to upload it.
Change your privacy settings
Setting your Facebook privacy to “Public” will easily fix unavailable bugs with Facebook attachments. This option allows anyone on Facebook to see your posts, whether or not they are on your friends list.
- Click on the arrow symbol in the menu bar. It’s in the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Click on and choose Settings.
- Open the “Privacy” option.
- In the “Privacy Settings and Tools” window you will find the “Your Activity” section. Under your Activity option, you’ll see “Who can see your future posts?”.
- Click on “Edit” next to it.
- Set the setting to “Public”.
FAQ on Fixing Unavailable Facebook Attachment Error
This could be for a number of reasons, one of which may be due to your privacy settings.
Not necessarily. This can happen if the privacy setting is set to Friends or not to Public.
No, you can download the original image and then upload it to the group as mentioned in the second alternative.
It’s listed under the Privacy option on the Settings page.
This means that everyone on Facebook can see your posts.
Conclusion on how to fix “Unavailable Facebook Attachment” error
In this article, we explained how to fix the Facebook attachment unavailable error. There can be several factors that can cause this, such as: B. Setting your privacy options only for your friends or due to general disturbances on Facebook. With our guide, solving this problem is easier than ever. After all, it’s not uncommon for Facebook to experience problems. We recommend that you check out our guide on how to fix the Facebook image not loading problem.