Instagram used to be an exclusively mobile app. Before April 2020, it wasn’t even possible to check Instagram DMs from a computer. Now Instagram users can use almost all chat functions except video chats from their PC. You can review and send DMs, send and receive all types of media, use emojis, join group chats, and much more.
You can check Instagram DMs on both Mac and PC from a computer by following the steps below:
- Visit the Instagram website in your web browser.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Click the paper plane icon in the upper right corner.
- You can see all of your active conversations on this page.
To send Instagram DMs from a computer:
In your Instagram DM section, here are the steps you can take to send DMs to other users:
1) Click the blue “Send Message” button and enter the username of the person you want to send to DM or click the new message icon next to your username.
2) Enter your message in the text box and then click the “Send” button.
You can click the three horizontal dots on your message and then select the “Don’t Send” option to withdraw the message. There is no limit to the sending of messages. It is also not important whether or not unsent messages are seen by the recipient.
How do I delete Instagram conversations from a computer?
Users can delete all Instagram conversations from their computer. After opening your active conversation space on the Instagram website through your web browser, do the following:
- Open the conversation you want to delete.
- Click on the “I” symbol in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Delete Chat” option.
Note that the recipient can still view a conversation after it has been deleted.
How can I share other content on Instagram with a DM from a computer?
You can also use your computer to share content like photos, videos, stories, IGTV clips, and more with other Instagram users through DMs.
- Navigate to the photo, video, or IGTV broadcast that you want to share.
- Click the paper plane icon under the post.
- Select the “Share with Directly” button.
- Enter the username you want to send the content to directly through Instagram DM.
FAQs on How to Check Instagram DMs from Computer
You should download all of your Instagram data to see your Instagram chat history. You can request to download your Instagram data through the privacy and security settings. Note that it can take up to 48 hours for Instagram to prepare your data. These will be sent to you by email.
DM stands for “Direct Message” on all digital platforms, including Instagram. When you send a DM to another user on a platform, only the sender and recipient can see its content.
Instagram does not offer any official features to hide the displayed icon in DMs. However, there are a few workarounds, such as: B. the throttling option or third-party tools to view DMs without notifying the recipient.
You can send DMs to anyone on Instagram as they will not be blocked or restricted by your profile. Also, if you have a user who isn’t following you, your message will appear as a chat request. This allows the recipient to confirm or ignore the message.
You can download your Instagram data or use a third-party data recovery tool to view deleted messages.
Conclusion on checking Instagram DMs from the computer
Instagram recently allowed its users to review their direct messages from a computer as well. You can review, send, send, and delete Instagram DMs by following the steps in our article. If you want to see how you can DM using the mobile application on Instagram, also check out our article.