Disabling unnecessary startup programs on Windows 10 is a great way to increase your PC’s startup time. You can also improve the short- and long-term performance of your PC by reducing its startup impact. This article explains how to disable startup programs on Windows 10.
Windows 10 allows users to disable or change startup programs in no time. You can follow the steps below to disable startup programs on Windows 10:
- Start the “Task Manager” with the combination Ctrl + Alt + Del. You can also search for it by entering the search bar.
- Click the Start section to view the list of programs.
- In the list, right-click the program that you want to disable at startup.
- In the menu, click the “Deactivate” option.
Programs in the start list are used to simplify things, as none are required for Windows 10 to function. You can activate programs that you use often that you don’t want to open manually.
How do I change startup programs?
Windows 10 users can also change startup programs through PC settings. You can follow these three steps to change startup programs:
- Click the Windows logo in the lower left corner or press the Windows logo on your keyboard.
- Click the search icon and type in “Startup Apps”.
- In the menu, you can view programs listed according to memory usage and their impact on startup. Use the switch to enable or disable programs.
FAQs about disabling startup programs in Windows 10
Programs listed in the Startup Programs menu do not need to be started for Windows 10. However, enabling startup programs like OneDrive or antivirus software might be better for your computer and files.
Too many startup programs and background programs are two of the most common reasons for a slow computer. To fix this problem, disable startup programs and remove memory-intensive background programs.
You can start any program automatically while starting your PC in Windows 10. You should list all the programs and copy the shortcut of the program you want to start on boot. Then paste the shortcut in the start folder, which is also in the menu for all programs.
In contrast to old Windows versions, Windows 10 does not play a startup sound by default. You can change this setting in the “Sound” menu by activating the option “Play Windows Startup Sound”.
Updating drivers, using third-party disk management software, turning off search indexing, cleaning the registry, and turning off startup programs are some of the most helpful ways to improve the performance of your PC.
In short, disable startup programs on Windows 10
You can change and disable startup programs in Windows 10 to make your computer start up faster. In this article, we have listed the steps required to modify startup programs using two different methods. If you enjoyed this article about the startup programs on Windows, you can take a screenshot on Windows too.