Online gamers don’t just use Discord to create communities or servers to share video games with. If you are a server administrator, you can give other people individual permissions (roles) to optimize the community by adding content in text, voice, or video format. There are various roles that you can assign, create, combine or delete yourself in order to control information in the community. Of course, you can also add roles in Discord.
Hence, this article will tell you about roles in Discord. You’ll also see how to create and delete them if you need to. In this way, you grant permissions, e.g. B. as part of server administration, adding links, muting specific users, creating instant invitations, etc.
What is a role
In Discord you can expand the rights of a specific participant and give them more functions. After creating a channel or server, everyone but the founder has a minimum level of privilege by default. However, if necessary, you can configure a role (or even several) by adding the essential options. After the distribution, some of the tasks fall on certain people. For each tolerance group, you can assign a name and set an individual color for better visual perception when working with the application.
A role is an authorization with a predefined name that gives a user the ability to generate or perform a task on the server. These are binary codes that can be combined to perform various actions between users and administrators of the channel or community. In Discord, some permissions are divided into:
- General: These are server administrator permissions, emojis, roles or channels. You can also remove or block members and change nicknames.
- Texts: They allow you to send messages, TTS (Text-to-Voice messages), mention users, add reactions, attach files and read message history.
- Voice: Allows you to connect, speak, mute, turn off audio for some members, use priority speakers, etc.
How to add a role to a user
Setting up Discord roles allows you to manage users on your Discord server. It is good to create roles before inviting users to the server. If roles have already been created, you can easily assign roles. Administrator and moderator, these two roles are essential for a server.
Let’s see how you can add a role in Discord so that it can then be assigned to specific people:
- Go to the application, create a channel and add members.
- Right-click the server you want and go to its settings.
- Select “Roles” from the list of available settings.
- Click on the button in the form of a “+” sign above.
- Provide the title of the position, select the color and add the rights that the user will have
- Save the changes you have made.
- Here, by moving the toggle switch to the active role, you can make some additional settings – the ability to display interlocutors with a position separate from the rest and allow everyone to mention it;
- From the moment it is created, you can assign this role to the selected user for whom you must select their name and then click on the “+” to expand the list where the title of the position should be applied.
To make things easier, it is better to create multiple permission sets to make them available to different people. Some roles can be assigned to a user.
You may want to properly manage the users on your servers. Therefore, it is ideal to identify roles and assign them to the most common. If roles are created before people are in the community, control is better. Also for the exposed content and assign the necessary permissions. If you’d like to add Discord roles, do the following:
- Open the server you are managing.
- Find the user you want to assign the role to.
- Left click on the name. You will see a window unfold.
- In the No Rollers section, press the plus sign (+).
- Select the roles that you want to insert.
FAQs on roles
For each tolerance group, you can assign a name and set an individual color for better visual perception when working with the application.
These are binary codes that can be combined to perform various actions between users and administrators of the channel or community.
Setting up Discord roles allows you to manage users on your Discord server.
If you want to properly manage the users on your servers, the ideal thing is to identify the most frequently used users and assign roles to them.
Adding roles on your Discord servers is a tedious task. But you will undoubtedly need that in your church in the long term. The roles allow you to manage all voice, text and video messages that each user sends. If you’re more than curious, here’s how to make a Discord bot!