Gmail is one of the most popular and trusted email providers in the world. When you need to create an email group, creating an email group in Gmail is very simple and effortless to edit too. It may take time to individually add the people you want to email. Instead of sending it separately, you can create a Gmail group and send any email you want to multiple people.
Create an email group in Gmail
It’s easy to create an email group in Gmail. You can create a group by following the steps below.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the square dotted button in the top right corner (to the left of your profile picture).
- Go to the drop-down menu and select the Contacts option.
- Next, you need to choose the people you want to include in a specific group.
- After selecting the people you want to add to the group you want to create, hit the tag button (just below the search bar).
- Click the tag button. A drop-down menu will appear.
- What you need to know is to select the “Create Label” option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name you want to give the group.
- Now click the Save button (all the contacts you selected will be added to a group you just created).
- In the final step, click the Create button and enter the name of the group you just created in the Recipients section. You will see that the Recipients section contains all of the people you put in the group.
That’s all. You have now created a group in Gmail. You can send the same email to multiple people at the same time. For example, you can instantly create a Gmail group and send it to your colleagues with one click. This is how you make things a lot easier and more efficient by saving time.
For companies that want to automate their sending process to send group emails to their customers, this method that we just demonstrated won’t work. It is best to use an appropriate tool for these purposes. There are many different tools for doing this.
Sending email to the label list with Gmail
After you’ve created your mailing list through Google Contacts, sign in to Gmail to send bulk emails to that list.
- After opening Gmail, click the “Submit” button on the left.
- When the new message window opens, enter the name of the label you created in the recipient field.
- When this is complete, write your desired message and click the “Send” button to send the message to the entire group.
Individual Gmail accounts are limited to a daily quota for the delivery of messages of 500 emails. If you’re sending business email, a Gmail address must be registered with Google Business.
How to delete a contact from a Gmail group
Open the Google Contacts page and select the Contact (or My Contacts for users with older versions of Gmail) option. Next, select the contacts you want to remove from your email group. Click the label icon. From the Manage Tags drop-down menu, select the name of the group from which you want to remove the recipients of bulk emails. Whenever you add a new contact to the group, you need to mark the Gmail labels you want. However, this process is reversed when contacts are removed from the group email address list. After selecting the contacts, you want to be removed. You need to turn off the person’s brand name. Click Apply in the drop-down menu. The selected contacts are immediately deleted from this email group.
Gmail Groups FAQ
Depending on the reliability of the email address you use, there is a limit to sending emails to 30 to 50 people per day.
When you have to send bulk emails frequently and there are more than 30 people on your mailing list.
It’s not easy to automatically track recipients who don’t reply to your email. For example, if you sent an email to 100 people and only 30 people replied, you would need to manually review your list and select the 70 recipients who did not reply and followed.
You cannot send email to more than 500 recipients every day.
Sign in to your Gmail account. Click Contacts, then click the arrow in the left sidebar to the right of the word Groups. A list of your groups is displayed.
Bottom line on Gmail groups
Creating a Gmail group can save you time and make your work much more convenient. Create your group based on the information above and make your job easier. Not a fan of Gmail? Then you better check out the best alternatives to Gmail.