Whenever someone in your contact list joins Signal or Telegram, the apps send a notification letting you know that the specific person has joined the platform. So if you are already using Signal or Telegram, you may be getting a lot of these warnings lately. And when you get upset, that’s understandable.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this hassle. Both Signal and Telegram allow you to customize notification settings, and you can actually tell both apps not to send out new login notifications. In this article you will learn how to deactivate warnings for contact logins for Signal and Telegram.
Stop receiving notifications when a contact joins Signal on Android and iOS
To turn off signal notifications for Contacted Signal events, do the following:
- Open the Signals app on your Android or iOS device and tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll to the Events section.
- Turn off the switch for “Contact Joined Signal”.
From now on, you will no longer be notified when one of your contacts joins Signal.
Note: The above steps mainly apply to the Signal app for Android and iOS. However, the steps to turn off “Connected” notifications are similar in the Signal apps for iPadOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
Stop receiving notifications when a contact switches to Telegram on Android and iOS
Telegram also offers the option to disable “contact connected” warnings in the app settings. The following are the steps to do this:
- Open Telegram for Android or iOS.
- On Android, tap the menu icon in the top right corner and select Settings. On iOS, tap the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Notification and Sounds”.
- Under Android, scroll down and deactivate the switch “Contact associated telegram” under “Events”. On iOS, scroll down and turn off the “New Contacts” switch.
Notifications for contacts who join Telegram will be disabled immediately and you will not receive notifications as soon as one of your contacts is available on the platform.
Note: The above steps mainly apply to the Telegram app for Android and iOS. However, the steps to disable “Contact Joined” warnings are similar for Telegram for iPadOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
Now you know how to stop the annoying Signal and Telegram notifications with connected contacts. If this article helped you figure out the solution, drop a line in the comments below.