Almost all known social media platforms have a story function. Since they were first introduced by Snapchat in 2013, they have spread everywhere. Facebook is no exception to this somewhat permanent and engaging feature. As with other social media platforms, Facebook stories last 24 hours. During this time window, you may want to delete your Facebook Story for a variety of reasons. You can read our article and follow the steps below to find out how to delete stories on Facebook.
Delete stories on Facebook
- Log into your Facebook profile.
- Navigate to the Stories section at the top of your feed.
- Select the photo or video that you want to delete.
- Select the three dot icon in the top right corner of your story.
- Choose Delete Photo or Delete Video, then choose Delete.
- You can repeat this process if you have more Facebook Stories that you want to remove. Deleted stories are permanently removed so that they are not saved in your story archive.
These steps are valid on both PC and Mac. You can also use these steps to delete stories in the Facebook mobile app on Android and iOS devices.
Note that deleted items will also disappear from Facebook Messenger when shared with other users through the app. All changes, e.g. B. Muting a story will update the story in both apps.
How to Delete Archived Facebook Stories
If your story archive option is enabled, Facebook will automatically archive your photos and videos published as Facebook stories after 24 hours. Your story archive is only visible to you. However, you still want to delete them. You can follow the steps below to delete archived Facebook Stories on desktops:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and go to your Facebook profile.
- Click the three-dot icon and then select “Archive”.
- Select archived Facebook Stories that you want to delete.
How to hide stories on Facebook from specific people
If you want to hide your Facebook Stories from certain friends, you can also do the following:
- Sign in to your Facebook account on a desktop or mobile device.
- Navigate to the “Create a Story” section at the top of your feed.
- Click the gear icon in the upper left corner.
- Set the privacy option for your story to “Friends”.
- Tap the “Hide Story From” section.
- Select people from the list you want to hide your stories from.
- Tap the “Save” button.
It is important to note that these settings will apply to photos / videos currently in your story after changing the privacy settings for Facebook stories.
FAQ on deleting stories on Facebook
Similar to other social media platforms, a Facebook story lasts 24 hours. Then they are saved in
Your Facebook story archive only visible to you.
Facebook does not allow viewing other Facebook stories without the user knowing this by default.
It is possible to see how many people and who have viewed a Facebook story. You have to click
Your story at the top of your news feed to view it.
You can delete and cache cookies, update your web browser, log in again and check your Internet
Connection if you can’t view Facebook Stories.
Facebook uses several signals to determine how Facebook Stories are arranged in your feed.
Your valued interest, publication time, and relationship with the poster are greatest
Bottom line on deleting stories on Facebook
Like other social media platforms, Facebook has a story function. Facebook users may want to remove their stories within 24 hours. This article described the steps required to delete stories on Facebook, delete archived stories, and hide Facebook stories from specific people. What if a story isn’t what you wanted to delete? Do you need to delete something bigger? Like a side? You’re in luck because we also have a guide for this: How do I delete a Facebook Page?