If you suddenly found yourself on the Instagram login page while logging into the app normally, unfortunately, your Instagram account may have been fallen into the wrong hands. If you have not been able to log in to your account even though you tried to enter your old password, don’t worry. Still, you have several ways to recover it. In this article, we will explain in detail how to recover a hacked Instagram account.
How Can I Recover a Hacked Instagram Account?
Here are the steps to recover your account:
- First, go to the Instagram page and click on Get Help to the Login option.
- If your account is still with the same username, enter your username, or your old email address.
- Once you have a hacked Instagram account, Instagram gives you several options. From the options like e-mail or phone number, click on an option you have access to.
- If you do not have access to any of them, press the ‘Need More Help?’ button.
- In this section, Instagram will ask to verify your identity. To verify that you are a real user of this account, you need to enter some information.
- After filling in your information, you will have to wait for the e-mail from Instagram. If you verify that your Instagram account has been hacked, you will receive a return. Within a few days, Instagram will send a security code to your e-mail address.
- Instagram often asks you to verify your identity. You need to write the code on a paper and take a photo of yourself holding the paper. Then you need to send it.
- As a second, you need to provide your email, or phone number, and specify whether the device you are using is iPhone or Android.
- After providing this information, Instagram confirms the accuracy of this information and e-mails the steps you need to follow to get your account back.
How Long Does It Take to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account?
It is difficult to give a clear answer to this, but Instagram says that users must wait at least twenty-four hours before they can give replies to hacked Instagram accounts. So, unfortunately, it is not possible to get your account in fifteen minutes, this is a subject that can change, and the faster you act, the quicker you can get your hacked Instagram account back. Some users can get their hacked Instagram accounts back in a day, or in a week, it is all about luck.
How Can I Increase the Security of My Instagram Account?
There are some precautions you can take to prevent your Instagram account from being hacked. The most important of these will be to use Two Factor Authentication. After going to your profile, you should press the Two Factor Authentication option in the Settings section, and then you can activate this feature with the security code. Thanks to this feature, a confirmation code will be required when anyone wants to log in to your Instagram account, and this code will also be sent to your mobile phone as a message.
My Instagram account username has been changed, how can I find my Instagram username?
If you are getting the “we couldn’t find your account” alert, it means that your account username has been changed by the person who hacked your Instagram account. You should immediately send a message to your friends who you know are following you, even if your username has been changed, your friends will see your new username because they are following you.
Is it possible to get my hacked Instagram account back?
Yes, it is possible if you can verify your identity and convince the Instagram team with your information.
What can I do to prevent my Instagram account from being hacked?
You can use Two Factor Authentication for this; set your password as a more difficult password. You can also make your account more secure by avoiding apps that claim to show people who have visited your Instagram profile.
Here is a video on How you can Recover a Hacked Instagram Account?
In this article, we explained how to recover a hacked Instagram account. You can double the security of your account by taking measures to prevent your Instagram account from being hacked. It is also possible to retrieve your hacked Instagram account by verifying your identity. It is just a matter of time, and you have to wait for Instagram to reply to your e-mail for a while after you send an email.
If you want to learn more about Instagram, please check out our latest articles about it. You may like: how to change Instagram privacy settings.