We’ll explore how brands with company profiles can use third-party apps like Hootsuite to schedule Instagram posts.
In addition to the ability to schedule posts in advance, the advantages of a company profile over a regular profile include advanced analytics (not just Instagram Insights, but also access to third-party analytics). which have their own advantages) as well as the ability to run ads, add links to your stories, etc.
Scheduling your Instagram posts in advance is the easiest way to save time on the platform so you can focus on what matters most.
Whether you’re a sole proprietorship or the leader of a multinational team, the more complex your Instagram marketing efforts, the more helpful a planning tool becomes. This is because consistent, high quality content is easier to plan, create, and share when some of the grunt work has been automated.
Of course, everyone has a complex Instagram marketing strategy these days, which means there are a lot of considerations when choosing an Instagram planning tool. Are you using a business or creator profile? Do you need to plan stories? What about video and IGTV? And what level of detail do you need for your analysis?
Convert your account into a company profile
Instagram makes this pretty easy:
- Go to your profile in the Instagram app on your phone
- Tap on the so-called Hamburger icon(three stacked lines) in the upper right corner
- Tap the settings
- Tap account
- Tap Switch to Professional Account
- Choose Companies
- You should take the extra step of connecting your Facebook business page to Hootsuite too: even if you don’t plan on posting to Facebook, this way you can still access all of the useful business features: analytics, viewing, and planning.
- Add your company’s public contact information
- Tap Done.
Pro tip: The business category you choose (e.g. personal blog, art, grocery, etc.) is public and visible on your profile. So don’t be too astute.
Add your Instagram company profile to your company profile social media management platform
When you use Hootsuite, it’s easy to link your Instagram account. From the Hootsuite dashboard:
- Click your Profile icon in the lower left corner
- click Social networks and teams
- click + Private networkin the lower left corner
- Choose InstagramThen click in the list of networks Connect with Instagram
- Enter your account credentials
3. Write your Instagram post for company profiles
From your Hootsuite dashboard, click the Create icon, then select Post.
Now upload your graphics (or select them from your content library). You’ll also want to write a caption promoting engagement, adding your hashtags, tagging relevant accounts, and adding your location.
Your draft is previewed on the right.
If you haven’t prepared your picture for Instagram, click Edit picture To crop your image to the aspect ratios you need (i.e. 1.91: 1 or 4: 5), filter it and otherwise perfect it.
Do not skip this step even if you are a one-person team. Instagram is an image-centric platform, and improving your Instagram aesthetic in order to win over your audience is fundamental.
4. Schedule your contribution for company profiles
Well, now comes the easy part. click Schedule for later In the lower right, select the time and date you want your post to be published.
When should you plan it? That depends on your audience. The Instagram algorithm prioritizes timeliness when deciding which posts to show people. However, if you’re interested in the best overall time to post on Instagram, here’s an analysis.
Pro tip: Hootsuite’s AutoSchedule feature automatically selects the best time to post for the best engagement from your audience.
5. Wait for your company profile post to be published on Instagram
That’s it! You can review and edit your scheduled posts in the Hootsuite scheduler before they go live.