If you also use YouTube frequently, you may have come across private videos. But much to your dismay, such videos do not allow strangers. For now, we’re going to talk about how to watch private videos on YouTube.
When you are ready to dive right into the topic, let’s start with the reasons that may be preventing you from watching private videos on YouTube.
Why can’t you watch private videos on YouTube?
- Some users who upload videos to YouTube can choose to not or not to list their videos. If someone shares the link with you, they will be able to watch the unlisted video. However, in order to access the private video, you need to contact the video owner and then request permission to view it.
- Private YouTube videos can only be viewed by users who have been allowed by the uploader on the video settings page of the respective video.
- Private videos can’t appear in search results and won’t appear as suggested videos so you can’t search.
- Subscribers are also not notified that the private video has been uploaded. This helps in preloading videos with company profiles, which is very useful during campaign migration. The video can be published at any time.
What is an unlisted video?
While anyone can watch unpublished videos, they won’t appear in YouTube search results or the uploader’s channel. You can’t rely on YouTube’s search engine or external search engines to find unlisted videos. You can only view them if someone shares a direct link with you. To access a video that is not listed, you should send a message to the uploader or contact one of your friends who has already watched the video.
Still can’t watch private videos despite the share link?
- If you’re trying to watch a video, make sure you have a YouTube account and sign in.
- Viewers must sign in to the YouTube account that shared the video.
- Viewers must use a specific link to send the private video to their mailbox.
How to watch private videos on YouTube
By default, only users who upload private videos can watch private videos. This is done to protect privacy. However, uploaders (if they choose) can also manually add users to the list of people who are allowed access to private videos. To watch a private YouTube video, you need to contact the uploader, provide the Google Account username required for YouTube authentication, and ask them to grant access to the video. If the uploader refuses to share the video link with you, you don’t have to worry, just try the second method.
Not allowed to watch private videos on YouTube?
While this method won’t work for most people, it’s still worth trying.
- Watch exclusive YouTube videos and delete the clock from its url.
- The result is then https://www.youtube.com/v=nhSRe5UbCIY.
- Click the Enter key. The video will then be unlocked.
You can use this method to unblock private videos. You can then view them in full window without logging in. To comply with age restriction guidelines, please do not use such measures for malicious purposes.
- Sign in and watch the video
- In your inbox on YouTube, click the email from the person who uploaded the video to let you know that the video has been shared with you.
- A rectangular box with a smaller red box with three white horizontal dots will appear in the email. Click on one of the white horizontal points. Click here to go to the video on YouTube.
- The video will now play in the YouTube app or in the browser. Note, however, that you will need to sign in to your YouTube account with the email address that sent the private link.
FAQ about watching private videos on YouTube
To access a listed video, you should send a message to the uploader or contact one of your friends who has already watched the video.
By default, only users who upload private videos can watch private videos. This is done to protect your privacy.
Private YouTube videos can only be viewed by a user authorized by the uploader on the video settings page of the respective video.
Private videos cannot appear in search results and will not appear as suggested videos. So you can’t search.
Conclusion on watching private videos on YouTube
In this article, we have shown you how to watch private videos on YouTube. We hope you found this useful. Would you like to learn more about managing YouTube videos? Then also read our review on how to block videos on YouTube.