LinkedIn lists “Digital Marketing Specialist” in the top 10 most sought after jobs, with SEO being one of the most requested skills.
The 10 most sought-after jobs are based on data from LinkedIn’s economic chart, which shows over 706 million professionals, 55 million companies, 11 million vacancies, 36,000 skills and 90,000 schools.
LinkedIn identified the most sought-after positions based on the vacancies with the most vacancies. But it takes into account more than that.
To make sure this list benefits people now and in the future, LinkedIn also considers these three criteria:
- Employment growth over the past 4 years
- Whether the jobs are worth living
- Whether the required skills can be learned online
“We used our economic chart to identify 10 jobs that are in demand in today’s economy and are well positioned to continue growing in the future.
We were able to filter for jobs that can be obtained without a 4-year qualification, for jobs that pay a living wage, and for jobs that can be successfully retrained online. “
Now that you know how the list was created, let’s take a look at the jobs in it.
The 10 most sought-after jobs on LinkedIn
LinkedIn identified these as the top 10 most sought-after jobs, ranked by most global job openings.
- Software developer: 15 million vacancies
- Sales representative: 8.5 million vacancies
- Project manager: 2.7 million vacancies
- IT administrator: 2 million vacancies
- Customer Service Expert: 1.8 million vacancies
- Digital marketer: 860,000 vacancies
- IT support / help desk: 590,000 vacancies
- Data analyst: 360,000 vacancies
- Financial analyst: 360,000 vacancies
- Graphic designer: 355,000 vacancies
Read on below
LinkedIn also lists the most in-demand skills for each of the jobs listed above.
These are the most sought-after skills for digital marketers (in no particular order):
- Social media
- Content strategy
- Marketing channels
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
According to this data, a search marketer with experience in paid and organic products is well positioned for a sought-after digital marketing job.
LinkedIn offers a so-called learning path for each of the jobs listed above.
A learning path includes comprehensive courses that help people learn the skills required to complete the tasks.
Read on below
Courses in LinkedIn Learning Paths will be offered completely free of charge until the end of March 2021.
The following is included in the digital marketing learning path.
LinkedIn learning path for digital marketers
LinkedIn’s learning path for the Digital Marketing Specialist role comprises a total of 27 hours of content spread across 12 courses.
These are the sources in the digital marketing learning path:
- Online Marketing Basics
- Basic training for Google Analytics
- SEO basics
- Basic training for Google Ads
- Content Marketing Basics
- Social Media Marketing Basics
- Marketing on Facebook
- Marketing on Instagram
- ROI for social media marketing
- Strategy and optimization
- Email and Newsletter Marketing Basics
- Introduction to graphic design
When you have completed all of the above courses, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Read on below
To date, over 10 million people have taken LinkedIn courses worldwide. The company has ambitious goals to bring that number to 25 million by the end of the year.
You can view all available rates at Opportunity.linkedin.com.
Sources: LinkedIn Official Blog, Featured Jobs on LinkedIn