Instagram URLs appear like a small aspect of your social media obligations. However, it’s more important than you may think. Average Instagrammers don’t think about it every day until they want to share their profile link with friends or for business purposes. However, for influencers who rely on Instagram, it is crucial and can’t be ignored.
Like your username, your Instagram URL is unique to you and helps people to quickly reach your page. If you can insert your Instagram URL in different social media channels like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter you have another way to rapidly increase your followers. Let’s look at how you can know about your Instagram URL and share it with other people.
What is an Instagram URL?
You may be asking yourself, “What is a URL?” URL is an acronym for Universal Resource Locator and you can see it all the time on your browser’s address bar whenever you go on the internet. An Instagram URL is the same. It leads people directly to your Instagram profile when they add the URL on the browser or click on the link of your URL.
Should Read: How to Make a YouTube Video Go Viral: 8 Tips to Know
Template of Instagram URL
The template of your Instagram URL is simple and looks like this:
You can try it out by typing out the URL for Instagram (https://instagram.com/) followed by your username. Similar templates exist for other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
How to find your Instagram URL
If you aren’t sure about your username, there are easy ways to find out your Instagram URL.
How to find your Instagram URL on computer
- Open Instagram on your computer’s browser by typing https://instagram.com on your browser’s address bar.
- Next, enter your username and password and log in.
- After that click on your profile tab at the bottom right corner of the page.
- At the top of the page, click on your browser’s address bar and select everything.
- If you are on a Mac, hold “command” + ”C” and “Ctrl” + “C” if you are on a PC to copy your Instagram URL.
- Open up Notepad or any other text editor and press “command” + “V” if you are on a Mac or “Ctrl” + “V” if you are on a PC to paste your Instagram URL.
How to find your Instagram URL on your smartphone
- Open the Instagram app on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
- Open your profile page by tapping on your photo at the bottom right corner on the menu bar.
- Take note of your username at the top of the page or write it down somewhere.
- Now open up the browser on your phone and type your Instagram URL according to the template mentioned previously: https://instagram.com/username.
How to change your Instagram URL
Changing your Instagram URL is as easy as changing your username because both involve the same action. If you run an Instagram page for your brand or place of business, then you may want to change it for a rebranding or to make it more appealing to your followers. You may also want to change your Instagram URL to make it easy for people to find you. Special characters and underscores may look quirky on your profile, but people would have a hard time remembering it.
Should Read: How to Download Instagram User Pictures / Photos? [2020 – Updated]
That means you need to change your username to change your Instagram URL. However, you also need to change your Instagram URL in all the places it currently exists. For instance your blog, social media handles, and business card. If you don’t change your Instagram URL at those places people won’t be able to reach out to you on Instagram. You may miss out on potential new followers and business opportunities. Also see; how to change your Instagram username.
Here’s how you can change your Instagram username and in turn your Instagram URL:
- Open your Instagram account on your phone or computer and click on your photo at the bottom right corner on the menu bar.
- If you are on your computer you would see the settings icon at the top-left corner to open the menu and click on Edit Profile.
- If you are on the phone, you can find the option Edit Profile under your Bio.
- Erase your old username and type a new one that fits your purpose.
- Keep it simple yet unique so that people don’t have a hard time reaching you.
How to find the Instagram URL to someone else’s profile
- Go to your target profile.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner to open up the pop-up menu.
- You will get several options and “Copy Profile URL” would be one of them.
- Tap on that to copy the profile URL and then paste it anywhere you want.
How to find Instagram Post URLs
Sharing photos and videos on Instagram is simple and Instagram wants you to do that in and outside of the platform. There is an arrow icon under each post that allows you to share a post with different people on Instagram directly. However, it doesn’t allow you to share a post outside of the platform. The option exists, but it’s hidden. To share the URL of a photo or video post you need to:
- Open a post on Instagram.
- Tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner above the post.
- A pop-up menu with different options opens up.
- Tap on “Share to….”.
- Several options open up where you can share the post to other social media channels and send it via message.
- Tap on “Copy to Clipboard” to copy the URL.
- After that, you can paste that link and share it anywhere you want.
Should Read: Can’t Log in to Instagram After Changing Phone Number? – [Fix | 2020]
ConclusionInstagram has made sharing pictures and videos simple and allows us to interact in unique ways. Knowing about your Instagram URL and using it to your advantage gets you another advantage in your social media game. It allows you to reach the untapped pool of followers on other places on the Internet and brings you closer to your perfect Instagram profile.
Famoid Blog – 2020